Hmmmm…..I am in an aggressive mood today so Episode 157 of Tales From the Drop Box is going to be far more up-tempo than the last couple of episodes of these pandemic versions of your favorite podcast. I’m telegraphing a few things in that last sentence. Yup, it is a punk rock episode! You should also note that I’ve also upped significantly the caloric content of this episode with a couple of extra tracks (okay – it’s 10 extra tracks) so you can enjoy these short songs longer.I also provided some YouTube links for those tracks that are available.
Hopefully all of you are staying as safe as you can, keeping others safe by physically distancing yourself from people in the wild, and doing your best to try to control the spread of COVID-19. I offer these wishes because in case it skipped your news feed – there is no cure yet, there is no treatment that reduces the lethalness of the virus, and real people are still dying – in large numbers. Consequently, if you are one of those who believe your individual freedoms are more important than the collective good and are willing to risk your life for your own reason, then please don’t freaking risk other people’s lives with your choices. Freedom is a choice (Devo?) but your individual actions may cause other individuals to die. By all means enjoy your personal freedom but don’t interfere with my right to be safe from exposure to a potentially deadly virus as I can’t predict what the outcome of your choice on my life will be.
On a separate note, I fully understand and agree that we must restart our local and national economies in order to prevent mass starvation and the very real consequences of a depression like economy. However, re-opening the business community without clear and consistent guidelines based upon reasonable objective data and supported by adequate COVID-19 testing is just freakin’ madness.
Are governments truly willing to risk people’s lives by a lack of preparation and planning? In a number of places, the answer to this question is certainly yes. Please hold these murderers accountable in the next election.
Here is what you’ll find in Episode 157:
- Upset – “Over My Head” (Upset)
- Dave Smalley & The Bandoleros – “Punk Rock Battle Cry” (Ignited)
- The Brains – “Satana Tarantula” (Satana Tarantula)
- Burning Heads – Colors and Blood (feat. Anne Durand – Off Models)” (Under Their Influence)
- Remember Sports – “Tiny Planets” (Sunchokes (Deluxe Edition))
- D.O.A. – “Just Got Back From The U.S.A.” (Treason)
- The Shiverettes – “Abort” (Real Shrill Bitches)
- Aanthems – “Seen a Ghost” (Blood Fortune)
- The Suicide Machines – “Cheers To Ya” (Revolution Spring)
- Kills Birds – “Jesus Did” (Kills Birds)
- Four Year Strong – “Crazy Pills” (Brain Pain)
- Haggard Cat – “Pearl” (Common Sense Holiday)
- Starbenders – “Getting Harder” (Love Potions)
- Naked Six – “Sticky Gum” (Lost Art of Conversation)
- Everfresh – “Abandon Me” (Forever)
- Le Butcherettes – “Out For You” (Don’t Bleed)
- The Clinch – “Atoms” (Basecamp)
- Rotting Out – “Unforgiven” (Ronin)
- Hellfreaks – “Tabby” (God On The Run)
- SPC – “I Never Learned How Not To Love” (Socially Problematic Children)
- The Thirtysevens – “A Gaunt Perspective” (Play Your Cards Right!)
- The Subway Thugs – “Catch 22” ( The Good, The Bad & The Thugly: The Complete Collection)
- Friendly Fire – “Overgrown” (Terminalwanderlust)
- Joy Division – “The Kill (Pennine Sound Studios Oldham 18.07.77)” (Closer To The Unknown)
- Cayetana – “Dirty Laundry” (Nervous Like Me)
Someone tell me if I’m going crazy or if your rattling in my head is just another mind game that you’re playing… My brother’s life was over with a flash of light the gun was sure to have seen him comin’….