Well I’m back after a lengthy break – about three weeks – and I am looking forward to bringing you another year of highlights from the mythical musical drop box. But before I can look forward, I need to resolve some issues with the past. Tales From The Drop Box Episode 55 collects some odds and ends from the past year that for some reason or another I didn’t get around to playing or didn’t have room to play on a particular episode. None of these tracks are inferior. The problem for all of these tracks was merely one of quantity i.e. the volume of awesome new music that I encountered and engaged with this past year – not their quality. So here you go. A simple and elegant solution to the problem: I’m just going to play them.
Normally, I would start the year in a much more positive frame of mind. However, with the impending inauguration of a person for whom I have no respect, I am trying to be positive but the President-elect (hereafter to be referred to as FPOS (see below) instead of POTUS) has given no sign, in any of his post election actions, that my initial impressions detailed in prior episodes of Tales From The Drop box of him as both a person and as a candidate for President are incorrect.
As early as 2011, the Onion, an honest and reliable media source that Trump would likely trust, published this inciteful story indicating that Trump cannot prove that he is not a FPOS: Trump Unable To Produce Certificate Proving He’s Not A Festering Pile Of Shit.
With this “proof” I would be in favor of a recall.
I wish you all a happy year and hope and pray that I am incorrect about my assessment of both Trump’s character and intelligence. I fear, for us all, that I am not.
Here is what you’ll find in Episode #55:
- Slothrust – “Rotten Pumpkin” (Everyone Else)
- Adult Books – “In Front Of Myself” (Running From The Blows)
- Empty Atlas – “House Fire” (Hestia)
- Dead Days = “Liar Liar” (Start Over Again)
- March Divide – “Exit Signs” (Saturdays)
- Bleeker – “Radio Radio (Erase You)
- And Summer Club – “Surfer Girl” (Heavy Hawaii Punk)
- ADS – “Waiting For The War” (Various Artists – Killed By Deathrock Vol. 2)
- Brand New “Jesus” (The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me)
- Birds Are Indie – “Partners In Crime” (Let’s Pretend The World Has Stopped)
- Les Deuxluxes – “My Babe and Me” (Springtime Devil)
- The Blind Shake – “Corpse On A Roof” (Celebrate Your Wroth)
- Elephant Stone – “Manipulator” (Ship of Fools)
- White Reaper “Sheila” (White Reaper Does It Again)
- Equador – “Thin Air” (Bones of Man)
Well Jesus Christ I’m alone again, so what did you do those three days you were dead ‘cuz this problem’s gonna last more than the weekend . . . Yellow eyes, in the box around you I get tired of the same old lines You shot me right in the heart.