Wow! Tales From The Drop Box Episode 150! I am not sure how I arrived at this point, but I can guarantee you that I enjoyed the adventure. After 150 episodes of these podcasts, the sheer quality of new music being released never ceases to amaze and inspire me. It is truly sad that a number of these artists and bands will disappear because they didn’t fit the format of whatever the heck radio wants to play. However, the more than 150 hours of these shows is evidence of what radio misses. Further, Tales From The Drop Box has captured approximately 2000 different bands over the past 4 years. Among them are a disproportionately large number of artists (many of which will never have the radio spotlight pointed their way) deserving to be heard! Maybe future generations will discover these lost gems and pay those discoveries forward. A society is represented by its music and culture and Tales From The Drop Box has presented over the past 4 years this most under represented segment of musical culture.
As I move on beyond these first 150 episodes, I hope to continue to bring you more of the unfiltered, poignant, catchy as hell, unexposed genius that catches my fancy – and hopefully yours as well.
Here is what you’ll find in Episode 150:
- Drahla – “Gilded Cloud” (Useless Coordinates)
- Winnetka Bowling League – “Sixteen” (Cloudy With A Chance of Sun EP)
- The Wheel Workers – “Nothing To Say” (Post-Truth)
- The Ramonas – “2016 F_ck This” (First World Problems)
- Authority Zero – “A Blind Eye” (Persona Non Grata)
- Priors – “Call For You” (Call For You EP)
- The Guiding Wave – “Instrument” (To Dance Around Love EP)
- Of Grace And Hatred – “Nourish The Curtain” (Toxic Vows)
- Bad Religion – “End Of History” (Age Of Unreason)
- Dead Bars – “I’m A Regular” (Regulars)
- Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes – “Why A Butterfly Can’t Love A Spider” (End Of Suffering)
- Danko Jones – “I’m In A Band” (A Rock Supreme)
- Fury – “Inevitable Need To Reach Out” (Failed Entertainment)
- Dead Kennedys – “Holiday In Cambodia (Live)” (DK40)
- Empath – “Roses That Cry” (Active Listening: Night On Earth)
So, you’ve been to school for a year or two and you know you’ve seen it all in daddy’s car
thinking you’ll go far . . . Halcyon days are not a thing nostalgia is no excuse for stupidity
I don’t believe in golden ages or presidents that put kids in cages . . .