I honestly didn’t think that it would take a real pandemic for me to restart production of these broadcasts albeit from an underground bunker where I am now holed up. But it did and I did. I am back for now and bringing you the usual oddball assortment covering all the good musical genres. That last statement confirms that I am acknowledging that there exists a few genre of music that are just un-freakin-listenable. This episode follows my traditional rules for musical selection: If it’s catchy – I’m playing it. If it’s not catchy – I’m not. See simplicity is good during a pandemic. “Wear a mask,” wash your hands”, “stay the F away from me” are also other fine examples of the guidance we need to hear now in order to survive. And I assure you that you will survive the Covid-19 pandemic – if you keep downloading and listening to Tales From the Drop Box. The music in this edition would have been the tracks comprising the next episode I would have released in 2019. I know its way late but the music is still excellent! We’ll start fresh next episode, okay?
A note for those of you who are actually surprised to find another episode hitting your notifications. I tried several times to release a new podcast to tide you over since my last one in July of last year. It obviously didn’t happen. I am committed to the release of a couple more of these for now because you shouldn’t make critical decisions amidst a pandemic. Really. short term thinking is better. However, we need to look forward as well, because to look in the near view mirror makes me a little angry. All this needless and avoidable death. I could go on but I won’t. This podcast is for you to escape your reality. It should make you happy. It makes me happy. I believe we need to be happy, now.
Here is what you’ll find in Episode 153:
- Abjects – “Sad Song” (Never Give Up)
- Muncie Girls – “Car Crash” (Sleepless)
- Mobina Galore – “Back To The Beginning” (Don’t Worry)
- Jaded Truth – “Social Viro” (Rx)
- Have Mercy – Heartbeat (The Love Life)
- Lazy Susans – “R U Ok” (Now That the Party’s Over)
- Flash Forward – “Dancing In The Dark” (Golden Rust)
- Circa Waves – “Movies” (What’s It Like Over There?)
- Blisses B – “Six Plus One” (Tell Your Friends You Love Them And Why)
- Found Items – “Still The Same” (All Bets Are Off)
- The Bronx – “Into The Black” (Dead Tracks, Vol. 1)
- The Briefs – ‘She’s The Rat”(Platinum Rats)
- Satan Takes a Holiday – “I Believe What I See (If I See In My Feed)” (A New Sensation)
- Viagra Boys – “Shrimp Shack” (Street Worms)
- Material Issue – “Satellite (Demo)” (Issues Vol. 3)
- Gloo – “I’m Not Gonna Change” (Stop and Stare)
I’ll kick liquor and cigarettes if it’ll help you remember me like the way that I used to be . . . I put a towel in a bag with formaldehyde I put that shit up to my mouth and get really high
Great to see it back!!!