Happy Easter to you all! A new episode from my bunker. I am immediately following up last week’s episode with this new and improved version of the Pandemic Episodes of Tales From the Drop Box. Okay, it is not an improved version as Tales From the Drop Box was already perfect and this episode is perfect as well! Trust me this episode is going to kick some Covid-19 ass and if you are feeling a little blue from being involuntarily self-isolated this episode will bring a little sunshine into your room. This episode is new – most of these tracks are from this year, still available on Bandcamp, from various internet retail outlets in physical format, and various streaming services. If you like something I play on this podcast – go buy a record from these fine acts. They all could use your money. Also, there is nothing like the first time you pick up a vinyl LP, crank up the volume on your receiver and dance around your room holding that record sleeve and singing away to the lyrics printed on the inner sleeve. You can do the same with this episode, but it is not quite the same.
In any event – crank this mother up!
Here is what you’ll find in Episode 154:
- Yumi Zouma – “Lonely After” (Truth or Consequences)
- Mike Mains & The Branches – “Walking Backwards”) (When We Were in Love)
- Maximo Park – “Books from Boxes” (Our Earthly Pleasures)
- The Chats – “Identity Theft” (High Risk Behavior)
- Slowly Slowly – “Creature of Habit” (Race Car Blues)
- Brkn Love – “I See Red” (Brkn Love)
- Slift – “Ummon” (Ummon)
- Anti-Flag – “Hate Conquers All” (20/20 Vision)
- The Drowns – “Them Rats” (Under Tension)
- Eyelids – “Starlight (Limelight Machine)” (Accidental Falls)
- Boyo – “Wake Up” (You Don’t See Me)
- Average Sex – “Come Over” (Come Over EP)
- Violent Soho – “Pick It Up Again” (Everything is A-OK)
- Blue Oyster Cult – “Burnin’ For You” (Cult Classic)
- Juniore – “La Verite’ Nue” (Un, Deux, Trois)
Hate is a bloody word for love It can’t erase me from a world where I feel numb . . . Hey / Give me some space and let me … And would you let me sneak inside of your room just to see what you are up to?