So, I’m dealing with a little fire issue. I’m sitting in my bunker which is slowly filling with smoke. The bunker is situated about 1/2 mile from the Bobcat fire on the edge of Monrovia in Los Angeles. The fire has been burning for just over 1 week and is about 6 percent contained. The air, to say the least, is unhealthful. The smoke is triggering in no small part some of the anxiety I have about the general state of affairs in this world.
NB: There is a brief anti-Trump rant that is going to follow. I’m a little angry, so I’m giving fair warning – skip the next paragraph. After that it is all sunshine and rainbows…really!
It has almost been a week since Bob Woodward released tapes of Trump indicating that in early February 2020 that he knew that COVID-19 was 5X more deadly than the annual influenza virus, but still chose to lie to the American people about it’s lethality, transmissibility, and everything else about the virus in, what he now says after the tape recordings release, an effort to “keep the American people calm.” What a load of horseshit. Trump’s lies have cost American lives and once he is removed from office, his negligence, which is criminal, should be tried. He will be convicted and should be executed. Trump, it turns out, is the world’s greatest mass murderer. Okay, I feel a little better getting that out. Less stressed.
So, sunshine and rainbows! This week’s episode of Tales from the Drop Box, Episode 176, is filled with sunshine and rainbows in the form of a pretty indie pop filled episode. Not sure how that happened, but I’m in need of some positive given the fires, politics, climate change, COVID-19 etc. At least this has been an awesome year for new music!
Here is what you will find in Episode 176:
- Ängie – “Two Together” (Not Pushing Daisies)
- The Happy Fits – “Go Dumb” (What Could Be Better)
- The All-American Rejects – “Damn Girl” (Reject Faves)
- Broken Hands – “Run Away” (Split In Two)
- The Front Bottoms – “Camouflage” (In Sickness & In Flames)
- The Milwaukees – “Our Blues” (The Calling)
- Rainout – “Bleach” (Rainout)
- Rezurex – “House On Haunted Hill” (Skeletons)
- Sea Girls – “Transplant” (Open Up Your Head)
- The Telescopes – “Sadness Pale” (Altered Perception)
- Grayscale – “Baby Blue (Reworked)” (Live From The Barber Shop Studios)
- Anna Burch – “Can’t Sleep” (If You’re Dreaming)
- Illuminati Hotties – “b yr own b” (Free I.H. – This Is Not The one You’ve Been Waiting For)
- 45 Grave – “Evil” (Sleep In Safety)
- Hazy Sour Cherry – “Little Run” (Tour De Tokyo)
Blind me with all your lies, you’re evil I can look into your lies, you’re evil . . . and to think I was having a mental breakdown the same time you were painting your walls