I am glad that the U.S. soldiers who fought and died in France in WWI were not like the President Donald “FPOS” Trump who couldn’t be bothered to travel in the rain to Aisne-Marne American cemetery in Belleau and participate in a wreath-laying ceremony. The cemetery is located on the site of a World War I battle, in which Americans and French forces battled German force in 1918, killing over 1,800 Americans troops.
For the self-proclaimed supporter of our veterans the failure to participate in the wreath laying ceremony was truly a disgrace and dishonored those who served valiantly and gave their lives for the cause – to defeat nationalism and tyranny. November 11, 1918, Armistice day, marked the day World War I ended in a ceasefire at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month in 1918. This year marks the 100th anniversary of that agreement between the Allies and Germany. While other world leaders participated in the rain, the President stayed at the hotel.
While many news outlets, worldwide, have observed the shameful behavior of the President, his loathsome inaction should not come as a surprise to anyone. As we all are fully aware by now – Trump does not care about the optics or about others, including those veterans he sent to defend our southern board from the invaders from the south. Oh wait…that is an unaarmed group of persons seeking asylum. No person of any intelligence could honestly believe that there is not anyone better than Trump to lead this country. Our democracy will survive the reign of this nationalist @$#%%!!!. (You can insert your own adjective.)
I was inspired by the words of French President Emmanuel Macron, who pointed out that Trump is an asshat without saying his name “Trump Faces Backlash After Canceling WWI Ceremony Due To Rain.” Macron elegantly pointed out the obvious, that patriotism is the exact opposite of nationalism. We need to fight, like our veterans did for us, the scourge of nationalism.
As we remember our veterans on this Veterans Day and thank them for their service, we should also remember what they fought for – to preserve our freedom, democracy and end tyranny. We must fight evil wherever it exists.
For those who voted last week, I thank you. For those who served, I cannot thank you enough.
Have a blessed veterans day.
Here is what you’ll find in Episode #127:
- L7 – “Dispatch From Mar-a-Lago” (Dispatch from Mar-a-Lago Digital Single)
- The Lone Bellow – “Water Under The Bridge” (The Restless EP)
- Gin Blossoms – “Fortunate Street” (Mixed Reality)
- Vacation Manor – “Move On” (Everything I Can’t Say Out Loud)
- Leoniden – “Colorless” (Again)
- The Insinceres – “Molly” (Sad Mess)
- Mother Feather – “Man, I Wish You Were Here” (Constellation Baby)
- Scarecrow Sideshow – “Mystic Mama” (An Exit Strategy)
- Deaf Wish – “Metal Carnage” (Lithium Zion)
- My First Story – “Winner” (S*S*S)
- Direct Hit! – “Welcome To Heaven” (Crown Of Nothing)
- Drug Church – “Strong References” (Cheer)
- Turin Brakes – “Tomorrow” (Invisible Storm)
- 999 – “Emergency” (999)
- She Drew The Gun – “Since You Were Not Mine” (Skeleton Key)
Raiders strike but where panic in the air running scared oh I’m so scared it gets you everywhere . . . S.O.S. from a golden throne mogul’s in deep shit, he’s all alone it’s not good, a riot in fact the whole friggin’ country club is under attack