As anticipated by last weeks Coronavirus explosion in the U.S. , we are going to be in a world of hurt in the U.S. over the next month. It should be not too surprising to anyone who has followed Tales From The Drop Box that not only was this rapid increase in infections anticipated, but sadly, even knowing what we know, the fact that we as a society could have prevented all of this tragedy and refused to do so was also predicable. That is, despite knowing what we actually truly do know about the spread of COVID-19, many millions of people still refuse to cooperate with the basics necessary to keep the virus spread in check. Thus, the predictable result is what we as a country are experiencing now – which is increased hospitalizations followed shortly thereafter by death. I am truly shocked by how numb we have become to the reports of COVID-19 deaths and our apparent acceptance of truly preventable tragedies. It is too sad and disappointing to actual reflect on this tragedy for too long. So…take action. Take steps to protect yourself and your loved ones by following the scientific guidance you know to be true – you are safer at home. Don’t gather in groups indoors. Create physical distance from each other. Wear a mask. Participate in the social contract we all make to live in a free society i.e. do no harm to each other.
Episode 186 of Tales From The Drop Box is a little bit more aggressive this week. Not sure why these tracks are a little louder, a little angrier perhaps, but they are. So sit back and turn the volume up. I’m going to do that as well. Then I’m going to think about the positives in my life so that I can go out and continue the fight to overcome ignorance by spreading the truth about things that matter to all of us, such as the importance of the rule of law, following the science, questioning authority and making decisions based upon empirical data. We can get to a better place in our world but it is going to take all of us.
Here is what you will find in Episode 186:
- War On Women – “White Lies” (Wonderful Hell)
- Tunng – “Death Is The New Sex” (Tunng Presents . . . Dead Club)
- CatEaters – “I Don’t Wanna Be like You” (Rare)
- Suburban Medicine – “American Nightmare” (Black Cats & Broken Glass)
- Sarah And The Safe Word – “You’re All Scotch, No Soda” (Good Gracious! Bad People)
- Shitbats – “Succubus” (Guano)
- The Spits – “Breakdown” (VI)
- Jeff Rosenstock – “NEVERGONNAGETITBACKAGAIN!!!” (Furlough Your Dreams)
- Vulvarine – “Dangerous” (Unleashed)
- Happy. – “June Gloom” (Imposter Syndrome)
- A Tale of Golden Keys – “All Banks Are Dry” (The Only Thing That’s Real)
- Milk Teeth – “Given Up” (Milk Teeth)
- Lime Cordiale – “Robbery” (14 Steps To A Better You)
- The Misfits – “Where Eagles Dare” (
- Attic Salt – “Truck Stop” (Get Wise)
We walk the streets at night we go where eagles dare they pick up every movement they pick up every loser…I’m only thinking about the times you tried you tried to blame me
kept saying that you were right, you can not look me in the eye . . .