Another Super Bowl Sunday. I’m not sure I have any skin in the game, but I’ll watch because it is a short attention diversion as I am still trapped inside because I am still trying to avoid crowds and gatherings until such time as we ( the royal societal we) are able to resume some type of safe human interaction with strangers. Even when the pandemic is over, I am not sure how safe we will be with the number of certifiable nut jobs on the loose in this nation. The real time coverage of the ass wipes who attempted the January 6 insurrection in the service of Trump – a repository of all things evil, does not give me much confidence that people will suddenly wake up from this 4 year nightmare saying “what happened? Let’s all be good to one another, right? Why can’t we all just get along? Trump exposed and gave voice to the evil that lies in the heart of man. Combined with a Republican party corrupted to its amoral core willing to accept evil under the “big Republican tent”, I am not sure that we are not headed to a full reckoning involving violence. Well, so that I don’t sound paranoid, let’s hope that I am incorrect and that humanity will course correct and head towards self-actualized positivity as a society rejecting the temptation to divide through arbitrary classification. I would posit that all of divisions are a symptom of an unconscious desire to classify and is so doing the failures of our society are a symptom of the useless need to divide people into the us and them. That is, society has difficult when we try to categorize people in all shapes and manners – race, political affiliation, gender, nationality etc. The disease is classification, the symptoms are the isms.
I’ve been alive for all of the Super Bowl games although I don’t recall any of them until the mid 70’s. So, I believe I have enough experience to spot the ills that interfere with our ability to live together i.e. a part of the whole and yet still retaining individuality. Trumpism is a cult where the individual, the I, is subsumed into the whole – the mass of Trump followers and thereby losing their fucking minds. History will reflect that the power of the masses is so great that the individual mind is lost. This is not a new philosophical construct. It is a pattern oft repeated. So, stop being a fucking follower of evil and retain your individual ability to think for yourself. Now I’m going to step off the soap box….
I’ve tried to capture this week a group of more melodic pop inflected tunes while still throwing in the weird and off beat!
Here is what you will find in Tales From The Drop Box Episode 191:
- Tired Lion – “Drama Club” (Breakfast For Pathetics)
- Billy Harvey – ‘Bullseye” (Bullseye)
- The Instatute – “I Know This Girl” (Instatute)
- Casual Friday – “Be My Babe” (Stay)
- Newton Faulkner – “The Sun Is Coming Up” (Chapter II – Better Way/Here Tonight/The Sun Is Coming Up)
- The Yum Yums – “For Those About To Pop” (For Those About To Pop)
- Martha & The Muffins – “Echo Beach (Rework by Bass)” (Echo Beach (40 Year Anniversary))
- Georgia – “About Work On The Dancefloor (The Blessed Madonna Remix)” (Seeking Thrills (The Ultimate Thrills Edition))
- Dick Move – “Femoids Attack” (Chop!)
- Get Dead – “Nickel Plated” (Dancing With The Curse)
- Beabadoobee – “Worth It” (Fake It Flowers)
- The Sewer Rats – “My Sweet Chun-Li” (Magic Summer)
- Kleenex Girl Wonder – “All You Need Is Your Feeling” (Let It Buffer (Forever))
- Dexy’s Midnight Runners – “I’m Just Looking” (Searching for The Young Soul Rebel)
- Yumi Zouma – “Lie Like You Want Me Back (Alternate Version) (Truth Or Consequences)
Pull me apart pour me a drink I know that you lost your everything they figured us out . . . Your eyes are just like his but your face is a bit different you’re a bit more fucked but I guess that’s fine…