Another week and the COVID-19 pandemic is out of control here in America. An abject failure of federal leadership is the cause of the uncoordinated patch work of responses and when combined with the large volume of inconsistent information, disinformation, and misinformation the result is that a large number of people are going to die needlessly. That is the true cost of a President who is wholly incompetent and callous.
So, where do we go from here? Good question. Hopefully, someone with the power to enact change will step up. As I’ve mentioned previously somewhere in these posts, I believe the start for change begins with us individually. The only person who can save us from the impending disaster, whatever the disaster, is ourselves. That is, the first step forward begins with us. So, as you think about the next couple of months, some of which are likely going to be spent at home as stay at home orders are reimposed, ask you may ask yourself how did I get here? And you may ask yourself how do I work this? And you may ask yourself Am I right? Am I wrong? And you may say yourself “My God! What have I done?”(And you may ask yourself isn’t that the Talking Heads “One in a Lifetime” playing in the background as I read this?). And that is the point – what are you asking yourself as you sit at home unable to go outside, unable to go to work, unable to feed your family, unable to eat in a restaurant, unable to be? You should be asking yourself what is the next step forward. That begins with you.
Register to vote and then vote. There must certainly be a better option to lead our country than the idiot who has raised the level of misery so high that having a misery index seems irrelevant. Each of us is responsible for our choices, but those choices impact other lives. Rather than bitch about the past, take action.
Here is what you will find in Episode 167 of Tales from the Drop Box:
- Whim – “Brick Walls & All Their Secrets” (Abuzz In The Abyss)
- Jehnny Beth – “Heroine” (To Love Is To Live)
- Bad Moves – “Cape Henlopen” (Untenable)
- Disheveled Cuss – “Nu Complication” (Oh My God)
- Jaded Truth – “Wide Asleep” (Rx)
- Rowland S. Howard – “I Burnt Your Clothes” (Teenage Snuff Film)
- The Real McKenzies – “Big Foot Steps” (Beer & Loathing)
- The Vacant Lots – “Into The Depths” (Interzone)
- C Silver – “Gentle Yellow” (In Clarity & Curses EP)
- Back Up Kid -” I’ve Got a Bad Habit of Looking Down Alleys and Thinking Too Much” (Goodness, Gracious)
- Badtalkers – “Better Run” (Sick Arms)
- Wire – “The Art of Persistence” (10:20)
- Unknown Era – “Meet Me (On The Dancefloor)” ( A State of Affairs)
- The Dukes Of Stratosphear – Vanishing Girl (2001 Mix) (Chips From The Chocolate Fireball)
- Delacey – “Actress” (Black Coffee)
The art of persistence, survival bred skills repairs for the final, test of the wills persistence, survival, test of the wills prepare for the final, perfect rival to kill … Someone’s knocking in the distance but I’m deaf and blind she’s not expected home this evening so I leave the world behind