Another week, another 4300 deaths in America. Perhaps we should take a long hard look at what we are doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19. You already have much confirmation that your government will not save you, your family or anyone else from this deadly virus. Honestly, the only effective weapons in the fight seem to be wear a mask and stay the f__ away from each other. Seems simple and practical to me. It is also readily apparent that not everyone is on board with simple and effective.
As evidenced by my first trip to a beach yesterday, Mr. Belding, not a notorious sun worshipper, attempted a foray into the wild only to observe that, for many, COVID-19 does not exist and physical distancing is a mere suggestion. Amidst all the 1st Amendment debate over the claimed right to not wear a mask in a pandemic (Freedom of Expression) and the stupid outrage over having to wear a mask as somehow a violation of this right (Karens and Kens – you know who you are), what is apparently missed by a markedly large number of covidiots is that society depends on personal accountability and wearing a mask is an expression of that personal accountability choice. That is, in order for society to function we can not reach a critical threshold of people who are just ass hats.
Mask mandates for public health reasons should not be necessary. No government wants to order people to do what should be obvious. The big picture is that we need to actually care about each other and be personally responsible and accountable for our own actions and not let our desire to be “different”, part of the “silent majority” or any other lame excuse to be a moron and actually interfere with the right of others persons to be free from stupid. Don’t be an idiot, wear a mask and as noted above, stay the f___ away from me.
As for Episode 168 of Tales From The Drop Box, I am solely responsible for the content. Yup, and in my humble and very biased opinion, I believe this episode, much like the 167 preceding this one, is it worth about an hour of your time. 15 songs by bands that you likely don’t know much about, in a variety of genres that are carefully mixed to touch your soul. I am personally responsible for making sure you enjoy your time. Give it a try.
Here is what you’ll find in Episode 168:
- Portland – “Lady Moon” (Your Colours Will Stain)
- The Rhymes – “Viral” (The Rhymes)
- Spacey Jane – “Wasted on Me” (Sunlight)
- Honest Men – “Lose My Head” (I’m Okay)
- The Airborne Toxic Event – “All The Children” (Hollywood Park)
- Custard – “Take The Skinheads Bowling” (Respect All Lifeforms)
- America’s Favorite Punk – “Mr. Citizen” (Life After Quarantine)
- Flashfires – “Circus Boy” (Flashfires)
- Gaffa Tape Sandy – “Meat Head” (Family Mammal EP)
- The Growlers – “Dream World” (Dream World)
- The Winter Passing – “Ghost Thing” (New Ways of Living)
- Loyalty To Me – “Rewrites” (Clash//Co-Exist)
- Matthew Sweet – “I’ve Been Waiting” (Blue Sky on Mars Tour – Live At Pleasure Island, Florida June 17, 1997)
- Manic Street Preachers – “Roses In The Hospital” (Filet O Gang Remix Remastered)” (Manic Street Preachers)
- Dream Wife – “Homesick” ( So When You Gonna …)
Lady Moon may I ask you why you comfort me? When autumn comes you’re always near . . This is the part where I lose my head breaking my fingers to make amends . . .