Do you want to get high? (no I don’t) so says Maxïmo Park. I’m not sure how I feel about the new focus on cannabis to alter my mind as I read about the significant increase in traffic fatalities in those states that have legalized the drug in all of its forms. See Crashes Rise in First States to Begin Legalized Retail Sales of Recreational Marijuana. I am not troubled by the individual right to screw up your own mind. I am deeply troubled by the selfish asses that get in vehicles while high and then go kill someone.This should be sobering information for all of us.
There will be no fatalities listening to Tales From The Drop Box Episode 143 and while you will get high, the music will cause your car to swerve with pleasure as you sing along, so let’s be careful out there. Pray the the gods of the good shit, eh?
Here is what you’ll find in Episode 143:
- Chai – “Great Job” (Punk)
- Angel Du$t – “Biggest Girl” (Pretty Buff)
- Broken Social Scene – “Remember Me Young” (Let’s Try The After, Vol. 1)
- Commonwealth – “Runaway” (Do You Remember?)
- Maxïmo Park – “Get High (No I Don’t)” (As Long As We Keep Moving)
- Spirit Award – “Dark Night Of The Soul” (Muted Crowd)
- Facing New York – “Gods Of The Good Shit” (Dogtown)
- Buxton – “Inside Out” (Stay Out Late)
- Quiet Company – “Red Right Hand” (On Corners and Shapes)
- Moonraker – “Hurricanes” (Lanterns)
- Taking Back Sunday – “Call Come Running” (Twenty)
- Corey Lee Oswald – “You Want To Be Right or Happy?” (Darkness, Together)
- The Records – “Teenarama” ( b/w Hold Up High)
- K Michelle Dubois – “Velvet Eyes” (Harness)
I said to myself, hey man, you need some time on your own get out on the road and chase the ones you couldn’t get before . . . Teenarama is what you’re givin’ me Teenarama injections in the knee . . .